When I attended a Zoom memorial for a family friend a few weeks ago, someone sang a "party song". The song has been bouncing around in my head, and I was going to ask my mother to give me the lyrics to it. Party songs are an indelible part of my childhood. I must have listened to them and sung along a hundred times. All public meetings that we attended started and finished with songs. The songs themselves are passionate and inspirational, and at times like these they lift my spirits as well as remind me of my childhood. Inspiration and nostalgia at one go. Suddenly it struck me that there was a folder either on my computer or removable disk title "P songs". I immediately set about trying to find it. After locating it, I discovered that I would need to download a Hindi font to view the lyrics. Now, the sings are with me and I can sing along to them any time. I spent a pleasant half an hour singing the songs, discovering that the reason only the choruses had stuck with me is because the stanzas had much longer words. They were more difficult to sing as well as remember. But, its nice to have the lyrics, and I must designate them in my mind as one of my pick-me-ups.
Sunday, May 23, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment