It has really started to feel like every day brings a surprise. I was regretting having cancelled my vaccine appointment in Bath, because I had no plans for the long weekend. I was afraid I would spend most of my time moping about having to ask for a PhD extension and my moribund social and love lives. But someone I had asked out more than a week ago unexpectedly, replied this morning to make a plan for Monday. Suddenly, the weekend started looking up and I decided to move my solo bike ride up from Monday to Sunday. Changing plans at the spur of a moment, grabbing at opportunities whenever they arise without thinking too far ahead is the way to survive in the new world. For overthinkers, the new world is a bewildering place, simply because the possibilities are boundless. So, maybe the best way to proceed is to lean more on the heart than on the head to make decisions? Look at paths and actions that may have seemed irrational or foolhardy one year ago with an open mind? The world is changing, and it is no doubt changing us too. There is no point in taking decisions based on what we think is best for our old self. And if there was ever a point on the arc of humanity where worrying was worthless it is at this point. There are just too many things to be worried about.
Saturday, May 29, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment