Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Early Morning Dread

 When I switched airplane mode off this morning, I saw a message that Pravin uncle had passed on. This is the second time I have turned my phone on to news of death in less than two weeks. I had slept well last night after news of Ashima aunty's death had wrecked my sleep the previous night. Bad news in the morning wrecks your day, bad news in the evening wrecks your sleep, which wrecks the next day too. I knew this would be a tough month, but anticipating something doesn't necessarily prepare you better for it. This is the World of our times--a cataclysmic event that has touched everyone in India. its safe to venture that most people in India at least knew one person who has died. The old and the inform are not the only ones who are dying, this wave seems to be hitting the not so old and the relatively healthy. The future is disspiriting. As I see it, it involves another wave here later in the year or Fortress Britain. Wither prospect is pretty grim. I have on clue when I will be able to vvisti India again. 

No comments: