I got feedback on the first chapter of my PhD, and I can't say I am surprised. I knew it needed more work, and my supervisor pinpointed the weaknesses I knew about, as well as some new ones. When I first got the mail it caused momentary panic. I hadn't finished my methodology chapter, and I still had exams to grade. And, should I be on dating apps at at a time like this? But, the panic subsided soon enough, and I swung into action. I have decided not to set myself any deadlines and keep alternating between the different tasks so that I don't get bored or stuck. I have discovered that having something that diverts attention from my PhD increases my productivity. Maybe, its because when I get stuck or frustrated with one thing I can switch to the other one. It worked like a charm today. It was my most productive day in a long while, as I managed to do a lot of my methodology chapter, and bits of the other two tasks as well. I realise one swallow doesn't make a summer and tomorrow or the day after might be quite unproductive. Everything is cyclical, so the main lesson is not some productivity hack, but to remind yourself that everything is cyclical and not to worry.
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment