Saturday, May 15, 2021

Indian Variant

Just as I had feared, the Indian variant is causing anxiety in the UK on the cusp of another significant relaxation of Covid restrictions. Form Monday, we will be allowed to visit other people's houses and stay overnight. But, its just a matter of time before Covid restrictions are tightened again. I was hoping to visit my aunt in Brighton in July after submitting my PhD thesis, but that looks unlikely. I am trying not to think beyond the submission of my PhD, because I have no clue what lies on the other side. What will life be like without a PhD to chip away at, and without a PhD room to spend the long days of summer in? I hoe I am allowed to use it at least until September. Big disappointments overshadow small disappointments and stresses. If we are likely to remain under restrictions, what does it matter if I am not able to get any dates on dating apps? But, I am going to do my best to finish my PhD on time. I cannot allow fear of what lies ahead to slow me down. Being in PhD mode cannot become a permanent state of affairs. It is not healthy, and I need to move on even if I don't know what lies ahead. 

No comments: