Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Three Years of Yoga With Adrienne and Counselling Anniversary

I started practicing Yoga with Adrienne three years ago today, which was also the day I started counselling. Both have been life-altering experience, although only one continues. Before starting this post, I went back to the anniversary post I wrote a year ago. It mused on the possibility that I might dump YWA for another youtube channel because,among other things, I was starting to find the poses repetitive. A year later, I can confidently say that I have no such intention. If anything, YWA has become a bigger part of my life, especially since I stopped going to my yoga class during lockdown. Many days,  I supplement the morning yoga or exercise session with an evening meditation. I tried a meditation app but realised I needed to stick with Adrienne.
My feelings about my counsellor have changed though. I don't see her as my life guru anymore. She helped with a specific problem, and her help was life-altering. But, I went to her last year on a trip to India and she couldn't help me. Or maybe I didn't need help.

No comments: