Monday, June 15, 2020

Attraction is A Mystery

I was listening to a Modern Love podcast the other day and apparently in the American South it is not that uncommon to have white racist men married to black woman. I was quite surprised because mixed-race couples are usually consist of black men and white women,  and not the other way around, or at least that is what I thought. Why that is the case, I don't know. Is it because women are less racist than men? Or because black women don't fit the archetype of a pretty woman in today's society--who is white and slim. So, I was surprised to know that black female-white male couples are not that uncommon.
I could try to come up with reasons why racist white men marry black woman. Maybe they want someone whom they consider inferior and can thus dominate? Or maybe attraction is just beyond the reach of reason. I don't know

No comments: