Today,it was a little for me to get out of bed. That worried me, since I am a morning person and I am usually full of beans at that time of the day. It didn't get better even after I had my morning cuppa while listening to classical music on the radio. Not even after I did yoga, or had a shower or did a yoga meditation. I was filled with a restless unease that was like a magnetic field repelling me from my PhD thesis. As I just couldn't bring myself to work, and I was stuck in that annoying inaction-guilt cycle. When I finally managed to look at my work, I felt repulsed by it. It is not rubbish, but it is nowhere near as good as I would like. Which is fine--that's the reason we have multiple drafts. But what I felt today was a confirmation that I was close to burning out, and needed to spend some time away from my thesis. I had felt slightly burned out on a few occasions in the past weeks, but today was worse.
So, I have decided to take a break from my thesis for about two weeks. But, there are no sighs of relief being heaved. My thesis is pretty much my life. I don't have a hobby which I can sink myself in for hours. I don't have many friends and I am single. But, it is what it is. I need time away from work and have time away I must. Yes, I may feel lonelier than usual during this period,but so what?
So, I have decided to take a break from my thesis for about two weeks. But, there are no sighs of relief being heaved. My thesis is pretty much my life. I don't have a hobby which I can sink myself in for hours. I don't have many friends and I am single. But, it is what it is. I need time away from work and have time away I must. Yes, I may feel lonelier than usual during this period,but so what?
No comments:
Post a Comment