I have written before about the need to be able to surrender yourself to the present moment from time to time, instead of seeking to change it. In recent days, I have come to increasingly rely on that practice. In the midst of momentous events in the world or in our individual lives, when there are forces at play which we can't even fathom, let alone control, surrendering can be a powerful and comforting act. And, an alternative to taking frantic actions and second-guessing every action. Cliched phrases such as "if it is meant to be, it will be", can be a source of reassurance. Surrendering to the Great Unknown, Recognizing that if the future was knowable, it wouldn't be the future. I don't know if I am making sense, but I am allowed some incoherent ramblings from time to time.
Sunday, June 28, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment