I was talking with my sister a few weeks ago and she said buildings lose their heat gradually as summer turns to autumn and then to winter. At the time, I didn't give it much thought but maybe there is some truth in it. I have been using my summer duvet(with a mattress protector as an extra blanket) for weeks now. My thumb rule was to only change to my winter duvet if the night low was well below 5C. I would also leave my window open by an inch or so.
Over the past few nights my window was shut and last night, I changed to my winter duvet in the early hours of the morning as I was cold. And, last night was not a very cold night, with a low of just 7C or so. Maybe, my house has finally used up the heat it had stored up during the summer. Winter is here.
The weather continues to be rainy and windy. I feel like I am on the brink of a cold for more than a week now. I don't feel as energetic as usual and neither am I sick. Maybe its just the dampness getting to me. And I have a newfound appreciation and the burst of energy that it unleashes in me. My summer exercise routine was significantly more intensive than it is now.
No comments:
Post a Comment