Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Stick In The Mud

Another painful break from my routine today. It was pelting down all  day, so I decided to leave my bike behind and take the bus home. I stood at the bus stand for five minutes, rediscovered that I really hate taking the bus and decided to walk home instead. When I was mid-way, the rain stopped and I kicked myself for not waiting for a bit before leaving, so that I could have rode home.
The issue is  not that I love to cycle. It is just that now I won't be able to ride to uni tomorrow, which is always a good workout because it sits on top of a hill. And I don't like missing workouts, even though I go for a pretty intensive yoga class on Wednesday evenings. The ride sometimes leaves me quite winded, especially when there is a stiff headwind. So, its probably good to take a break from it from time to time. But, I am very much a type-A personality when it comes to fitness. I have gotten better over the years at figuring out when my body needs to take a break, but that doesn't make it easier. I always take breaks grudgingly. Some people need to push themselves to work out. For me, the problem, is the opposite. I need to push myself not to workout when I am either injured or under the weather. I can count on the fingers of one hand the times I have missed a workout in the past year because I was feeling lazy.

No comments: