So today I decided to stay at home for the second consecutive day. I was feeling a little under the weather and there was a vile wind outside. Since I didn't want to fall sick before my conference in Edinburgh next week, I thought I would lie low. I am also a little paranoid about falling sick, and dose up on Vitamin C and Paracetemol at the first signs of indisposition. I suppose a more chill person would have shrugged it off and left it to fate to either make them sick or pull them out of the physical funk. But, yesterday, I heard my yoga teacher say to someone else "We don't listen to our bodies when they whisper, so we are forced to listen when they scream". Since I didn't have to be at uni today, I thought why not stay at home. I love the term "under the weather" which is too British to use anywhere else without inviting frowns of incomprehension or disapproval. It conveys perfectly the physical state that between rude health and sickness.
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment