Saturday, November 17, 2018

Shopping for Clothes

I am not a big fan of any kind of shopping, but I find shopping for clothes particularly vexing. Not least because my body proportions are such that I struggle to find clothes that fit me well. I have broad shoulders, a narrow waist, stout thighs and unnaturally long legs. Not bad proportions to have, one would think, but they don't make clothes for people like me. Shirts that fit well at the chest and shoulders bunch up at the sides where I tuck them into my pants. Pants are usually loose at the waist or tight at the thighs or too short. I am sure if I cared more about clothes I  would find clothes that fit me well, but I can't be bothered. I like to look good, but can't be bothered to take too  much effort over it.
If  that wasn't  enough, I frequently suffer from buyer's remorse. Often, I buy stuff in a hurry because I want to be done with shopping, and then regret my haste.
Today was no different. I spent almost an hour and a half with a friend in Marks and Spencer and all I bought was one  shirt. I had decided that I wouldn't buy clothes that I didn't particularly like or didn't fit well. I have enough of such clothes as it is. I'm glad I didn't leave much room for buyer's haste today but it was still a mentally exhausting experience.
 The only type of shopping I find endurable is shopping for food. Maybe it is to do with the fact that food is essential for survival whereas clothes are not. 

No comments: