I took a personality test after much prodding from my housemate, and it turns out I am an INFJ, as she had predicted. I have always been suspicious of boxes, maintaining that what's outside boxes is much more interesting than what is in them. But, I must admit that I possess many of the features of an INFJ, which, it turns out, is the rarest category. It doesn't hurt that the picture of INFJ's is quite flattering. They are described as that rare combination of dreamers and doers, who are empathetic, eloquent and crave deep connection. Other descriptors are soft-spoken but with strong opinions, decisive and strong-willed but not motivated by personal gain. Apparently, INFJs are also sensitive and should make sure they take care of themselves.
The points that don't apply to me are ease of making connections with others and a warm and friendly nature which makes them desirable to the opposite (or same) sex.
I look at it as an interesting thought experiment. I have always thought of myself as different from most people, and it is reassuring to know that there are others like me. We are not alone in our loneliness.
The points that don't apply to me are ease of making connections with others and a warm and friendly nature which makes them desirable to the opposite (or same) sex.
I look at it as an interesting thought experiment. I have always thought of myself as different from most people, and it is reassuring to know that there are others like me. We are not alone in our loneliness.
No comments:
Post a Comment