Two days and two heart-stopping dashes to catch trains. Made
it by the skin of the teeth on both
occasions but felt shaken afterwards, instead of relief. If I had missed the
trains the next trains were just an hour later but I would have had to pay out of
my own pocket (this was for a conference with funded travel). It would have been about 100 pounds for each ride, I suspect. Even so, someone less
frugal than me wouldn’t have bothered so much about the expense, attributing it
to accident. He would have moved on from the incident rather quickly. Someone
as frugal as me would have made sure he was there in time. I guess I have to
pick a side. Someday I will write a post on frugality. Today all I will say is
that I hate unnecessary expense and I hate waste. I spent almost an hour last
night trying to put back a zipper that had come off my jacket. It is a perfectly fine
jacket except for the zipper, but useless in cold weather without it. Someone else
would possibly have binned it. I guess one needs to embrace frugality or become
less frugal. There is no point in agonizing over it. And there is no point in agonizing
over the fact that one is agonizing over it.
Friday, November 23, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment