I've always had an uneasy relationship with honesty. And, no, I am not a serial liar. What I mean is if I felt wronged by someone, I wouldn't tell them. I don't like confrontation, because it is unpleasant and because it involves conversation. In the past few years, I have realized that what I was doing was being dishonest to both the other person and to myself. When you hold something in that you should be let out it doesn't sit quietly inside of you. It chips away at your insides, sometimes leaving scars that ossify and become inflamed. Of course, some people who wrong you are best avoided if they are not worth your while. But, when it comes to people that matter, both you and they deserve honesty in most circumstances. I agree that being honesty can sometimes lead to circumstances that drain your body and soul, so like most things in life, there are no absolute maxims.
When it comes to white lies I don't feel conflicted at all. White lies spare conversation or effort or other people's feelings but, of course, you are only allowed to deploy them on people you don't particularly care for. Otherwise, the habit can easily get out of control, I suppose.
When it comes to white lies I don't feel conflicted at all. White lies spare conversation or effort or other people's feelings but, of course, you are only allowed to deploy them on people you don't particularly care for. Otherwise, the habit can easily get out of control, I suppose.
No comments:
Post a Comment