Friday, November 9, 2018

Productive Week

It has been a good week work-wise. Last weekend I was a bit under the weather and wondering whether I had too much on my plate. I was slightly worried about some deadlines I had this week, but , fortunately, I was able to make them all comfortably. What helped was that I lowered my standards a little bit. I have written before about how I feel unsatisfied unless a piece of writing feels full to me.
Last weekend, I was told that I am perfectionist, which is took me by surprise. I have always seen myself as a laid-back person,but I am really not. And, I am a perfectionist when it comes to writing. So, this week I decide to ease up a bit. And, I managed to produce satisfactory work without too much stress. Writing and research can take a lot out of you, so maybe it is important to keep some perspective. Nothing you write is likely going to be earth-shattering and most people won't be able to tell the difference between what you consider your good work and great work. So why sweat about it?

No comments: