We were informed today that we would be kicked out of our PhD room and relocated to another PhD room. I am taking it quite badly because I am quite attached to our bright and airy room which is meant to seat about 15 people at least but is never occupied by more than 6 people at any given time. Another colleague who is also comes in every day like me is relieved that we will all be together in the new room. But, I am more attached to the physical space than the people, with the exception of that colleague. My favourite part is the large window which looks out on to the university campus. There is a small table beside the window and I am often found seated at it, gazing into the distance. The new room is directly above our old room but for some strange reason it has been split in two, making both rooms seem drab and dingy. And, I am not looking forward to the ensuing weeks of haggling and arguments over who sits where in the new room. We always suspected that our room situation was too good to be true and that at some point some jealous eyes would fall upon us. That time has come.
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
post pictures of the happier place maybe and share the view? Have you considered working from home instead of coming in everyday? I've been working from home for the last month, and I hated work invading my personal space, but I'm starting to love the convenience of it, and being able to have a life around my work
Post a Comment