I thought the stress would let up this week as I have finished the first draft of my progression report. No such luck. I just learned that I will have to present my work at the summer school I am attending in Italy next week. While I hack away at my to-do list from one end it seems to keep growing from the other. I suppose the only option is to hack away but try to smile while doing it. And sometimes just chip away. In the past few weeks, I have often felt the need to demolish my pending tasks list with a burst of effort. But, it feels like I am chasing a mirage because even though I have been working hard and achieved a lot, I seem no closer to finishing. And, even if I did, what then? It is not like I have a ton of hobbies that I am dying to devote time to. For better or worse, my work is my life. So, why not try to do it with a smile?
And, I have resumed yoga and feel better already. I know my stress symptoms won't go away immediately but I am prepared to wait. And, in any case, I have enough to do without worrying about worrying.
And, I have resumed yoga and feel better already. I know my stress symptoms won't go away immediately but I am prepared to wait. And, in any case, I have enough to do without worrying about worrying.
No comments:
Post a Comment