Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Perfectionism

I have never thought of myself as a perfectionist. But, I am realizing that I have always been somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to writing. I hate to turn anything in that I am not fully satisfied, that doesn't give me a sense of  completeness. I have been working on my progression exam report, which, by definition, is a work in progression. But, I am not satisfied with my final draft, which I have to hand in in a few days. And, that is a difficult feeling to live with. I am not off by a huge margin and just need to find the solution to one problem. Maybe  I will, or maybe I will have to  hand in a piece of work that I am not fully satisfied with.  Maybe, it is unrealistic to expect to turn in "perfect" work on crushing deadlines in academia, and I need to get used to being okay with that. In any case, merit is in the eyes of the beholder, and someone might find that  the  work I am satisfied with is rubbish.

No comments: