Wasn't blogging really big in the noughties and then it fell into decline because less taxing forms of self-expression and more rewarding vehicles for self-obsession made an appearance? When you can tweet your opinion or instagram your pictures in an instant, why waste time writing a short essay? Who reads blogs anymore?
I have one faithful reader according to my views log, although I have no idea who it is. Or maybe blogger shows one view by default to keep bloggers like me encouraged. In the beginning, my heart would slightly swell with pride if I had more than one reader for a particular post. Now that I have gotten into the habit of blogging, I am just curious about my viewership. I know that I am going to continue blogging whether I have a single reader or not. But, my lone reader, if you exist, I thank you.
I have one faithful reader according to my views log, although I have no idea who it is. Or maybe blogger shows one view by default to keep bloggers like me encouraged. In the beginning, my heart would slightly swell with pride if I had more than one reader for a particular post. Now that I have gotten into the habit of blogging, I am just curious about my viewership. I know that I am going to continue blogging whether I have a single reader or not. But, my lone reader, if you exist, I thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment