Today, as I opened my blog editor, I noticed that my past few posts had two views. Since I don't remember going back to them, it can only mean that someone else has read my blog. I haven't publicized my blog, and its been years since I gave anyone the link to it. But, seeing that someone else had read my blog feels oddly discomfiting. I feel like my posts have become more personal over the years. In the early years, I was eager to impart my newfound wisdom to the blogosphere. While the events in my life certainly had a bearing on my thinking, I would refer to them in a roundabout manner to make it difficult for someone with a curious bent of mine (like me) to glean what was happening in my life. Over the years, I feel like I have thrown that initial caution to the winds, writing with the implicit assumption that no one else would read my words. But, it was still important to write those words in a blog that could technically be accessed by anyone. Blogging is therapeutic but its not therapeutic writing. Its a tool of self-expression, of making sense of some of the things in my life and universe, as well as making peace with some of the more unsavoury aspects of life. However, in hindsight, it does fell like my blog has become more diarish. Now, that I know someone else may be reading my blog, maybe that awareness will swing the pendulum in the other direction. Make my blog more muse-y and less diarish.
Wednesday, December 22, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment