Friday, December 10, 2021

Everything Going Pear-Shaped

 So, this morning, just as I was about to get ready to go for my PCR test, I got a text saying my test had been cancelled as that centre would be closed today. Just when I thought my luck couldn't get worse--not so much as a cold in more than two years, and falling sick the week before I am due to fly home. I quickly booked a home PCR test, but it didn't arrive today. Hopefully, it will arrive tomorrow, and God knows when the results will reach me. I am under no illusions that the next six days are going to be agonizing. The only question is how bad. Then, as I was finishing my yoga, the only time of the day I feel sane, it struck me that I could order a home fit-to-fly test and have someone else take the swab for me. Immediately, my mind leapt into overdrive. Whom can I ask? What if they are asymptomatic but positive? Should I ask someone who has recently had Covid? What if they turn out to be positive because of residual antigens? What if I manage to fly but test positive at Mumbai airport? And, the panic over Omicron seems to be getting worse by the day. I really don't know what to do. I guess I will just sleep over it and see how I feel tomorrow.

No comments: