Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Crunch Night

 I am proud that I didn't lay in bed consumed with anxiety today. I am consumed with anxiety, but I managed to do everything that I had planned--go for my fit-to-fly test, drop in at uni to pick up FFP2 masks, do my laundry, cook lunch, do GMB and yoga and write this blog. I even toyed with the idea of starting grading the op-eds, but abandoned it soon enough. The Covid news is getting grimmer by the day, and I have spent the past few days oscillating between fretting about testing positive for Covid and the possibility that India will impose hotel quarantine or close the borders. Well, tonight is the night. By tomorrow morning, I will know whether I am fit to fly. By tomorrow lunch time, I will know whether I will have to quarantine in a hotel (provided I test negative, of course). Rule changes usually come with a few day's notice, and any changes after tomorrow likely won't apply to me.  

No comments: