Tuesday, December 14, 2021
100 Quid Spaffed Up The Wall
This morning, I woke up at 3am panicking that my PCR test would not be delivered today. I managed to go back to a fitful sleep but most of my day was spent waiting for the test, including two hours on hold with the test provider's call centre. I had a feeling it wouldn't arrive on time and it didn't. The call centre people told me that it would likely arrive tomorrow, in which case I could still expect to have the result before I fly. I decided that was cutting it too fine for me. My nerves are frazzled as it is, and I could do without more last-minute stress. So, I decided to ditch this test and cough up 100 quid for a 24-hour guaranteed result test. It is a lot of money, but there are few better uses of money than to buy peace of mind. Yes, 100 pounds is not much less than what I spend on groceries in a month. But, these are extraordinary times, which call for extraordinary measures. What if after all this, I test positive or if my flight is cancelled? I won't be crying over the 100 quid, in that case. I would havve plenty of other stuff to cry about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment