I started an email to a student with these words. He had written to me saying he is not able to write anything for his assignment and wrote to me asking for advice. I am going through my shit of my own and would do well to heed my own advice. Yesterday, I thought I was getting better, but it turns out that is not the case. Today, my fever crept back again and my nose is still running like a tap. I have registered for a PCR test tomorrow morning. If it turns out positive, the next few weeks will be filled with anxiety and/or ill health. If it turns out negative, the next seven days will be filled with anxiety and/or ill health. Even if its negative, I will not rest easy until my fit-to-fly test comes back negative. When you can't hang your hopes on a single moment in time or a single outcome the main thing to do is not to panic. Bad outcomes will feel like the end of the world, but will not be the end of the world.
Thursday, December 9, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment