Thursday, December 16, 2021

Last Night in Bristol

 I have so much to say, that I am afraid I will end up saying very little. I don't know where to start. When I returned from India in Oct. 2019, I remember vowing that on my next trip to India, I wouldn't have the cloud of the PhD hanging over me. It would be purely a leisure trip. Well, the best laid plans of mice and men. I am not going to summarize the last two years in a nutshell, but I am not done with my PhD and have no plans to work on my PhD during this holiday. Even so, it won't be purely a leisure trip. I will have grading and teaching prep to do. I am trying to tell myself to let the universe unfold as it should. The recent past has been brutal and the future is uncertain. I don't know what else to say. I have spent the past three weeks petrified that I won't make it to India this winter, and how I would cope if I didn't. But, all my bags are packed and I am ready to go. 

No comments: