Sunday, December 12, 2021

Covid Test Negative!

 I wasn't expecting my Covid test today. Based on my experience with PCR testing last year, I wouldn't have been surprised if I didn't get the result at all. But, I tracked the test on Royal Mail this morning, and learnt that it had been delivered, which raised my hopes that I would at least get a result, and not be left to wilt with uncertainty. I had decided that if the test came back positive I would wait till as late as possible to take the fit-to-fly test to give the virus more time to leave my body. I had abandoned my plan to get someone else to take the PCT test, after my sis pointed out that if I did that and tested positive at Mumbai airport, I would b whisked away to quarantine. But, I knew a positive would be a huge blow to me. It would delay my tri and every day of delay would increase the chances of tighter quarantine rules in India or flight cancellations. So, imagine my surprise when I got a mail a few minutes after 5pm today saying I had tested negative? There is still plenty that could go wrong between now and Saturday and beyond. But, one step at a time. 

No comments: