Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I am in the middle of a Covid scare. I have had a scratch throat since yesterday morning and I have also been feeling slightly feverish. I have had Covid scares before, but the symptoms usually disappeared overnight. I am aware that this time if I have Covid I might not be able to travel to India as scheduled. But, that does not mean I won't be able to travel to India at all. The start of the next semester is eight weeks away. That is a hell of a lot of time to make a reasonably long trip to India. Maybe not 4 weeks but at least three weeks. This evening, while sitting on the loo, I decided that cost is not a constraint. At worst, I will have to buy a new return ticket to India. So be it, I can afford it. Even if I have to push my trip back by a few weeks, it is not the end of the world. Where there is a will, there is a way. There are a lot of things that are beyond my control. But, if I don't make it to India this winter, it won't be due to lack of trying. And, if I do get Covid, at least I can be sure that I won't infect my family when I see them. And, another advantage of this Covid scare is that I am not going to stress about finishing my PhD by January-end. It has become crystal clear to me that its not a big deal if I don't finish my PhD by January-end. I am not going to stress about it.
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment