What better way to spend lockdown and break the monotony of early summer evenings when the light refuses to die and nudge you towards bed than to improve one's Haiku skills. I am going to share some I wrote yesterday, even though I am prouder of the output from my Haiku phase two years ago,
Our old way of life,
Gone with the Wind
And we are still waiting for the wind to die.
Bursts of hope,
the agony of waiting,
pinpricks of rejection,
Welcome to online dating.
Even as I stare at a blank page
my head's wheels keep turning
One day words will pour forth
Our old way of life,
Gone with the Wind
And we are still waiting for the wind to die.
Bursts of hope,
the agony of waiting,
pinpricks of rejection,
Welcome to online dating.
Even as I stare at a blank page
my head's wheels keep turning
One day words will pour forth
No comments:
Post a Comment