Online dating is not for the faint-hearted.I don't want this post to be a rant against online dating, because the issues that I have experienced with it are by no means exclusive to me, even though the apps are designed to give you that impression. But, I listened to a podcast today where the guest, who is a dating coach, said the way to do well at online dating is to improve you communication skills and increase your self-awareness. I found the advice way more useful and positive than vaguer advice like 'don't take rejection so hard' or "don't be so needy". Self-awareness is important to prevent setting off harmful inner dialogues which puts ever failed encounter down to your lack of attractiveness or some other critical flaw in your personality. Sometimes, interactions will fail for no fault of yours or anyone else's. On the hand, you will make mistakes that you can learn and improve from instead of becoming bitter or jaded. And, communication skills is self-explanatory because the early part of any relationship is all communication.
Sunday, May 17, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment