Monday, May 25, 2020

Closure

I just got a message from a girl I had a virtual date with a few days ago. We spoke for an hour or so and the conversation was interesting enough, but we didn't hit it off. At the end, when she asked if I wanted to stay in touch, I am sure I didn't sound enthusiastic when I said yes. I told her we could exchange numbers. Immediately after the call I sent her my phone number but got no response till tonight. She wrote to say that she didn't think we have enough in common and was not keen on keeping in touch. I immediately felt better.
Being ghosted sucks, even if you have little interest in the person ghosting you. It makes you feel small and disrespected. I have never ghosted anyone, although as an introverted cishet male who doesn't look like an Adonis its not like I have had plenty of opportunity to ghost. I understand ghosting might be an appealing option for women as men are quite likely to respond to rejection with anger and/or abuse. So kudos to women to take the trouble to write back to turn down men they've never met.

No comments: