Tonight, after weeks of dithering and stalling, the UK government is likely to impose a lockdown. Its been a long time coming, and I don't expect it to alter my life dramatically. Over the past ten days, I have only stepped out of the house to shop, go for a walk once and to uni to pick up a few backs. Oh, and I visited a friend over the weekend in her house.
For most of my time in the UK, I had thought being out of the house every day was key to my mental health. The PhD room was my oasis and I had taken to working from there six days a week before the outbreak. How things have changed. I went to the PhD room to pick up a few books this morning and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. It felt like an alien place.
Unlike most people, I am not distressed by the thought of a lockdown. As an introvert with an at-home exercise practice, I am better equipped than most to handle it. It also remains to be seen how strict it will be since people will still be allowed to commute for work.
For most of my time in the UK, I had thought being out of the house every day was key to my mental health. The PhD room was my oasis and I had taken to working from there six days a week before the outbreak. How things have changed. I went to the PhD room to pick up a few books this morning and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. It felt like an alien place.
Unlike most people, I am not distressed by the thought of a lockdown. As an introvert with an at-home exercise practice, I am better equipped than most to handle it. It also remains to be seen how strict it will be since people will still be allowed to commute for work.
No comments:
Post a Comment