I always knew I could never be active on Twitter, because I couldn't stomach the abuse. Maybe it is my INFJ personality, but personal criticism really gets to me. Today, I got trolled online for the first time. It was in response to a comment I left on a friend's timeline who is on the other side of the political divide but who I know to be a decent person. The troll was facebook's friends with this friend. I always knew right-wing trolls were angry, rabid and incoherent, but it is still an experience to be at the receiving end of their ire. The one thing I know is that I shouldn't try to out-troll a troll. I don't have the wit to do it and the emmotional resilience to fend off a pile-up, and I really admire people who do. Maybe, I am underestimating myself. Maybe one need not be born resilient to become resilient. Yes, the first brush with trolls leaves one feeling hairy. But the first reaction need not be the last reaction.
Sunday, December 22, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment