As I was having a shower this evening after my yoga class,
the bathroom light went off. I was puzzled, and even more so, when, after a
minute or so the water turned ice-cold. As it happened, I had shampoo in my hair,
which I had to rinse off while bending down so that the ice-cold water wouldn’t
touch my scalp.
It turned out that a fuse for one of the phases in our
shared house had tripped. After talking to my housemates, I gathered that leakage
from the bathroom to the room downstairs had shorted a circuit, causing the
fuse to trip. So now we have to spend the night without internet, heating and,
in some bedrooms, without light. I don’t
feel particularly perturbed because the property manager seems nice and
considerate. Sure, it will become a major inconvenience if it doesn’t get fixed
soon. But, I have a super-warm duvet and generally don’t feel the cold. Let’s
see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment