Monday, December 2, 2019

I Miss Tesco!

I have often complained how awful the food at Tesco is. So I never thought I would say that I miss Tesco. Or, rather, I miss the Tesco that is a 5-minute walk from where I used to stay.
Moving into a new house usually requires changing supermarkets, and that is a substantial adjustment. Yes, I know, this is a first-world single health male problem. Be that as it may, I hadn't realized how much I had tailored my cooking to what was available in my Tesco, which is the largest in Bristol. Today, at the Aldi, which is a 10-min walk down a step hill form my new place, I didn't find stuff that I thought was pretty basic supermarket fare. Like Cauliflower and frozen spinach. To make things worse, they have o self-checkout tills. Yes, I know, self checkout tills are a job killer and I feel guilty for enjoying them. But, they speed things up, and reduce a pointless human interaction and make the shopping experience a little more pleasant for introverts like me. 

No comments: