I am proud of myself if I may say so myself. I barely slept Saturday night because the chicken that I was afraid would cause problems, did cause problems. Proof that just because you have anticipated something, doesn't mean it won't happen so anticipation as a tool to ward off unwanted events doesn't work always. I was feeling so ragged as I was tossing and turning in bed in the wee hours of Sunday morning that I had all but decided to postpone my trip to London to see an old friend visiting from India.. It would screw up our plans and also my work schedule for the rest of the week, but so be it. Then, a few hours of later, I changed my mind and decided to go ahead with the trip as planned. One contributing factor in my decision was that I didn't want to be in the house the next day as my landlord has turned toxic. I just made sure not to eat anything before I left, as I didn't want to use the smelly coach loo and neither did I want my stomach gurgling while I was sitting next to someone.
But the trip went off like a peach. I spent a lot of yesterday morning feeling tired and queasy, especially on the 3-hour long walking tour. I was wondering how I would get through the rest of the day, but a late lunch transformed me. My stomach was fine following the meal, and the trip was quite memorable after that.
I am proud of myself for not letting my health anxiety get in the way of my life. I chose to have faith in my body and mind, and was rewarded for it. There were times on the trip when I felt horrible but I hung in there. And I feel like a champ
But the trip went off like a peach. I spent a lot of yesterday morning feeling tired and queasy, especially on the 3-hour long walking tour. I was wondering how I would get through the rest of the day, but a late lunch transformed me. My stomach was fine following the meal, and the trip was quite memorable after that.
I am proud of myself for not letting my health anxiety get in the way of my life. I chose to have faith in my body and mind, and was rewarded for it. There were times on the trip when I felt horrible but I hung in there. And I feel like a champ
No comments:
Post a Comment