Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Pomodero Success

I am someone who is deeply suspicious of productivity hacks, because I have never seen one that surprised me. Most of  the tips seem blindingly obvious and seem to skirt  the 'M' word--motivation. How does one be productive at a dull soulless task or a task  that one has no interest in? I don't know the answer to that question, but I do know that one can be unproductive even if the task at hand is sufficiently interesting and one is not burned out. Rituals and tricking the mind can work. The rational mind is not all-powerful and even if  it can see through all the subterfuges, they may work.
I tried the Pomodero technique today, and it worked like a charm. I expected my momentum to flag after the first few sessions, but I managed to keep it up. Four hours is a good amount of time to set for oneself as one is beginning. One feels like one  has accomplished something without feeling completely drained out. Of course, it would be optimistic of me to expect to hit my Pomodero targets everyday. But, I do feel a sense of accomplishment today.  

No comments: