Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Pomodero

I have decided to drastically cut my work to see if it will make me more productive. As things stand, I spend about nine hours in the office but am productive for not more than two-three. The nature of writing is that it happens in spurts so I am not overly concerned by that ratio but I would like to improve it significantly, by increasing the numerator and reducing the denominator. So I am going to try a technique we used for our group study sessions last year. It involves working in bursts of 30 minutes interspersed with generous breaks. So I have decided to work for not more than four hours a day from tomorrow and see how it goes. It is just an experiment, so let's see how it goes. One of my  colleagues is in the office for far fewer hours than me but is quite focussed when she is in. She is married and has an extremely active social life so she has far more claims on her time than I do. If this experiment works and frees up a lot of time for me, the question arises how I will spend the extra free time. As I have written many times before, I don't have many hobbies so I end up spending ages on Twitter. In any case, I have the rest of my life to worry about my ftuture. For now, let's see how the experiment goes. 

No comments: