Jeremy Corbyn and Boris Johnson today and from the little I watched, Johnson didn't implode as I was hoping he would. The debate itself seemed quite pointless since the moderator was quick to jump in to interrupt whenever one of the debaters got into the flow. Maybe this is what all leadership debates are like. It just seemed so pointless, like a relic from a bygone era. Before the debate, the press was full of articles about how the debates could be a turning point, but I doubt it. Debating feels like a relic from a time when liberalism was its peak. Fascism and socialism, which are the only two choices now, have no time for such theatrics. Yes, a major debate screw-up could do a lot of damage. But, debates can only be lost, not won.
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment