Sunday, November 10, 2019

Break from Blogging

I am going to be blogging intermittently for the next few weeks and do more therapeutic writing. I am going through a stressful period and don't find myself in the ruminative mood that is conducive for blogging. So, instead of forcing myself to blog out of habit, I am only going to blog when I feel like it. The proximate causes of stress are my house hunt and my PhD. I am trying to use one to distract myself from the other, but I wish it were that easy. It doesn't help that I am currently trying to write the meatiest part of my PhD. I wish I were better at compartmentalizing my life, but so does everyone. Sometimes you learn best when your back is against the wall.
It is only a matter of time before I find a house, and I have decided to wait until I find a nice house instead of moving in a rush and finding myself on the market again a few months down the line. The house hunt will takes its own time and meanwhile I am going to keep working on my PhD. There will never be a perfect time for writing my thesis and one must solider on irrespective of external circumstances excepting catastrophes. 

No comments: