Monday, November 11, 2019

A Truce Is No Peace

A truce is, by nature, uneasy, and buys time for the weaker party to either escape or fight back. It has to be at the initiative of the weaker, or at least less aggressive party, and it is seldom in the interest of the stronger party. Both parties might want to stanch their losses but its a battle for survival for just one of them. If you are wondering why I am spouting conflict strategy, it is because I am in an uneasy truce at the moment in which I am both the weaker and less aggressive party. Sometimes I feel a raging anger at the state of affairs, but I have been able to keep a lid on it so far. However, I entertain no delusions that this is a sustainable state of affairs. If it continues, my rage will boil over, and those who don't rage often, rage badly. I am pretty clear that this truce buys me time to extricate myself from the situation on as amicable terms as is possible, given what has transpired. 

No comments: