Today, I did the last interview of the India leg of my research. As I am terrible at switching off from my PhD, mainly due to a lack of hobbies, I might still potter around over the next few days. But no more scrounging for interviews, no waiting for call backs and no guilt about not trying hard enough for interviews. I have exhausted all my options--everyone on my list has either given me an itnerview or swatted me away (politely). There is too little time left to try and fix new interviews. Now, is the time to let go, sit back and enjoy the rest of my time in India.
This is not a farewell to home email. That will come a week from now. It will touch upon the triumps as well as the tribulations of the past 12 weeks. Today, I am merely celebrating the end of the research leg of my trip. I knew it had ended after I got two texts from separate potential interviewees telling me that they won't be able to meet me before I leave. I was relieved, to be honest. At the same time, I was comforted by the knowledge that I had tried my best. It is amazing how as one gets older, one learns to tricks one's own mind.
This is not a farewell to home email. That will come a week from now. It will touch upon the triumps as well as the tribulations of the past 12 weeks. Today, I am merely celebrating the end of the research leg of my trip. I knew it had ended after I got two texts from separate potential interviewees telling me that they won't be able to meet me before I leave. I was relieved, to be honest. At the same time, I was comforted by the knowledge that I had tried my best. It is amazing how as one gets older, one learns to tricks one's own mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment