After almost 24 hours since I left home, I arrived in my adopted home. I thought I would eat dinner and crash for the night, but I found myself brimming with energy, and started unpacking. It seems obvious that unpacking takes less time than packing, but how much less I realized today. It was going so well that I thought I could finish unpacking tonight itself, when accident struck, or rather I discovered the accident that had happened maybe hours ago. A push-pump shampoo bottle that I had assumed was sealed from the inside turned not to be. I find it amazing that it was standing in the store, ready to dispense shampoo to every passerby without much effort. The shampoo had leaked into a number of my clothes. What is worse is that it had leaked into my cycle headlights and caused the battery fluid to leach out. Immediately, my anxious mind went into overdrive, imagining every worst scenario of battery fluid poisoning. It was only later realized that I should have handled it using rubber gloves, a packet of which was mysteriously left in my room by my landlord. What followed were several anxious minutes of furious scrubbing, and googling. Turns out battery fluid is unlikely to poison a person but one can never be sure. My mind conjured up every remote possibility of how the battery fluid could be ingested by me or the people around me and I did the best to circumvent said possibilities. An anxious mind can be a scary place but who knows how many disasters it has averted by being extra-cautious?
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment