Today's health scare of the day is salmonella poisoning. I had just finished eating the chicken curry I had cooked when my landlord asked if it was undercooked as there was some blood on the bones. That triggered a chain of thoughts which ended with me felled by salmonella poisioning from undercooked chicken. My stomach hasn't been in fine fettle for the past few weeks, although the symptoms are too mild to act on. And following the meal, my stomach was unsettled for the rest of the day, because of which I decided to skip dinner.
Health wobbles that trigger thoughts of impending doom has been the theme of this year. It started with my minor illness when I reached India, and has continued ever since. Maybe it is just a phase, maybe its a particular manifestation of my anxiety. Whatever it is, the only thing to do is to carry on. Even when my anxiety was its worst in 2017, I never changed plans because of it. I stuck in there, and I suppose my doggedness hastened my recovery. I have the tools to cope with my anxiety as well as the common sense and a strong sense of self-preservation to deal with anything else. We don't have a say in what life throws at us, but we have some control over how we respond. And, with practice, we can learn to respond in a more useful way.
No comments:
Post a Comment