Bloggers live for days like today, when the post of the day practically writes itself. This evening, I was walking towards where I had parked my bike after my yoga class and I reached the spot, I saw a man bent over the stand where I thought I had parked my bike. For a second, I wondered whether he was trying to pinch it, but quickly dropped the thought. It was the middle of the evening in a decent part of town and there were a lot of passerbys. But, when I came got closer, I saw that he was indeed trying to figure out the combination of my bike lock. I told him I could tell him the number if he wanted as it was my bike and I new the code. He was nonplussed, assuring me that he could figure it out himself. He said he was intrigued by my lock because he had a similar one and he was trying to see if he could figure out the code. I stared at him in disbelief as he continued to fiddle with my lock. Finally, I told him that I was in a hurry and could he please leave my bike alone. He withdrew without a fuss, but that wasn't the end of it. He shuffled over to another bike and started to work on its lock. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! I told him "Look mate I just caught you trying to pinch my bike, at least don't try to pinch another bike while I am still around". He got the message, and skulked away without looking back. And, my first thought was, "Wow, now I don't have to wrack my brains over what to blog about tonight!"
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment