Tomorrow starts the last (anticipated) hurdle in my recovery journey. The last time I taught, I bailed on the course when we were two-thirds of the way in and ran back to India to cope with my anxiety problems. That was a deeply embarrassing experience which I thought I would never recover from. But, recover I did and here I am.
The last time around, my symptoms had turned teaching into an ordeal even though I had initially quite enjoyed it. And, I am good at teaching, if I may say so myself. Now, I am in much better shape, physically and emotionally. However, I am approaching this teaching with some trepidation because I will be working with someone who is not the brightest nor the nicest spark in the room. I was hoping my first teaching assignment after coming back would be a smooth experience, but that wasn't to be. But we can only play the cards we are dealt, so I am girding myself for the challenge.
The last time around, my symptoms had turned teaching into an ordeal even though I had initially quite enjoyed it. And, I am good at teaching, if I may say so myself. Now, I am in much better shape, physically and emotionally. However, I am approaching this teaching with some trepidation because I will be working with someone who is not the brightest nor the nicest spark in the room. I was hoping my first teaching assignment after coming back would be a smooth experience, but that wasn't to be. But we can only play the cards we are dealt, so I am girding myself for the challenge.
No comments:
Post a Comment