Monday, April 23, 2018

Two Rants

Today, my day took a wrong turn in the evening and just kept getting worse. For one, I felt like my rear tire was going on its personal speed bump with every turn of the wheel. I thought I had filled too much air while topping up my tires yesterday but it turned out that the tire was semi-deflated. I had actually let air out while trying to fill air! I took my bike to the gas pump which had vexed me the previous time. I had ended up deflating my tire instead of filling air, and this time was no different.  And, then as I was finishing cooking dinner the top came off the salt shaker as I was sprinkling it and dumped a large heap on my food. I tried to scoop out as much as I could, but the food still tasted very salty. To top it all, I was quite irritated by my current housemates. One is a really sweet middle-aged Spanish lady who is studying English, and she doesn't lose an opportunity to practice on everyone she meets. The other one started bitching about my landlord within two minutes of meeting me. From that moment on, I got a very icky vibe from him.
I am reasonably happy with my living situation but housemates are a lottery. The two things that can cause irritation are bathroom use and kitchen use. Thankfully, Europeans are not too fond of washing, so they don't hog the bathroom, even though they don't always leave it clean. But, some people have a tendency to hog the kitchen, which can be annoying.
Now on to my second rant--the long days. Early mornings and evenings are my favourite parts of the day because they encourage dreaminess an contemplation. I often get my best blog ideas during these times. But, now with the longer days, both are elusive. 

No comments: