Monday, April 3, 2023
Weird Encounter on OkC
Yesterday, I had a weird encounter with a girl on a dating website. In fact, she asked me to start blogging about my dating experiences, so I guess I will start with her. She has messaged me overnight, saying she had a feeling that I did blog about dating (my profile mentioned that I didn't. That exchange soon turned into a very intense conversation about what a bad place she is in her life right now, and how its a constant battle between what she wants and what she needs, as far as her dating life is concerned. I felt pressured to share to keep the conversation going, so I told her how long I had been single for and how I had never been in a long-term relationship. So many red flags in our conversation, but I kept going because she is hot and I have been single and celibate for ages. But, I found the conversation so discomfitting that I didn't sleep well at night. The thought of continuing to interact with her and potentially even meeting her in person stressed me out. Who the hell airs all their dirty laundry the first time they are talking to someone? I needn't have worried though. I went to sleep before I could reply to her last message, and in the morning she was gone. She had blocked me, I guess, thinking I had disappeared. At first, I thought I should have let her know before going to bed. But, then I realised I had dodged a torpedo. This girl seemed like a hot mess from the get-go, and I don't think I can deal with messes right now or ever. The pandemic has wreaked havoc with people's inner lives, and one most tread carefully.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment