Tomorrow if the first of my final week of lecturing this semester. When I first started lecturing, I would practice my lectures to time. Now, I have started to explore spontaneity. I think in the process of writing, so maybe lecturing is similar. New ideas, new insights may hit me when I am in the act of lecturing. Or, so I hope. The truth is the students are uninterested and uninformed, and lecturing them is a drag. SO, its not just an experiment with spontaneity, it is also a lack of enthusiasm on my part. I started out with hopes of reworking my course material from last year, which I was not very happy with. I ended up barely reworking anything. This lack of enthusiasm for both teaching and research will pass. Or I will find something else or someone else to be excited about. How long can I go through life coasting?
Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment